Thursday, October 8, 2009

Day 1, the call from the Doc

10-08-09 Ist day for the blog... I will add updates to my condition on this blog.

A friend suggested I start this to help me keep my sanity and for everyone that I know to get updates on my condition.

.....The doc calls

During surgery to remove my gall bladder on 10-06-09, the surgeon noticed that my liver was very abnormal, so he took a biopsy. Tests revealed that I have cancer in my liver. Adenocarcinoma. OK, cancer, that's bad, Carcinoma, OK, very bad. The cancer does not usually originate in the liver, so it most likely came from another part of the body. OK, that's even worse, it has moved to the liver from somewhere else.

Though I am employed, I am one of many working people that do not have health care insurance. I had help with the Gall Bladder surgery from the Will Rogers Motion Picture Pioneers Assistance Fund. Through their incredible generosity, I was able to get the surgery I needed. Unfortunantly, with the current state of the economy, they are only able to help with the gall bladder issue. They are helping me with finding other sources of help.

I am seeking other avenues for help so that I can begin getting tests to help diagnose the exact origin of the cancer and if possible, treat it.

That's it for now.......

Please wish me luck and please keep me in your prayers.

Dennis R.

No comments:

Post a Comment