Friday, October 9, 2009

Day 2

Well, pretty bad day today. I think the adrenaline and probably shock of the bad news kinda kept me going yesterday. But I am paying for it today as I feel miserable. My abdominal area is still very painful and stiff from the surgery. But I did eat a small bowl of cereal with non fat milk and a piece of toast.

I was asked to provide more details such as my Doctor's names, hospital info, etc.

Dr. Dean Cione was my Surgeon for my Gall Bladder removal. He found the cancer in my liver. He is a great guy and great Dr. He is also helping with getting me started on a more definitive diagnosis of my cancer and then treatment. He also referred me to the Doctor mentioned below.

I have a new patient appointment on Monday with an Oncologist, Dr Thuy Lee. She is at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano where I hope to get treatment. I am applying for financial assistance at Plano Presby to get the testing started and also treatment.

On a different subject, I would to thank all my friends and co-workers for their incredible support, well wishes and prayers! It means to world to me to know that I have that kind of support when I need it.

Well, that's it for now, I am just too tired to write more.

Dennis R.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Dennis, were keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. Stay strong! Karen & Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dennis, I'm not sure if you know, but you're eligible for coverage under the Texas Risk Pool: http://www.txhealthpool.com/.

    It's not the cheapest insurance, but it will give you some relief. I've had numerous friends with "uninsurable" conditions (lupus, diabetes, etc.) that have gone this route and say it's not terrible.

    Let me know if you need anything!

    Sean

    ReplyDelete